Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Next Interview.... (I lost count) with Mr. iPhone

An interview with Fu aka. Mr. iPhone/ iPhone Warrior/ or any nick that you can think of for iPhone lover.
He went with getting 3rd pick for almoc, and this was what he drafted


iFoe
1. (3) LeBron James (Mia - SF)
2. (22) Joe Johnson (Atl - SG,SF)
3. (27) Derrick Rose (Chi - PG)
4. (46) Devin Harris (NJ - PG)
5. (51) LaMarcus Aldridge (Por - PF,C)
6. (70) Emeka Okafor (NO - C)
7. (75) Kevin Love This player is a keeper. (Min - PF,C)
8. (94) Marc Gasol This player is a keeper. (Mem - C)
9. (99) Nicolas Batum (Por - SG,SF)
10. (118) J.R. Smith (Den - SG,SF)
11. (123) Derrick Favors (NJ - PF)
12. (142) Ramon Sessions (Cle - PG,SG)
13. (147) Ersan Ilyasova (Mil - SF,PF)

Q: Mr. iPhone,  free?
A: sure

Q1: Basically similar question, How do you feel about your first pick lbj? any strategy behind it? or simply best option after durant and cp?
A: Actually, the computer picked it up for me. And I would do the same thing myself anyway, simply because I think LBJ have an upside to finally avg close to triple double this year. In addition, hopefully he will gain PG eligibility if Miami want to start Mike Miller in SF.

Q2: Of all the 13 players you selected, who do you like the most based on their draft position and who you like the least?
A: I like Rose and Batum, and think I could have been better in picking up Okafor and JR. I had a chance to plug JR number to my system, and actually with him on my roster I only get better in 1 cat, and do worse in 8 others.

Q3: I thought computer autodraft picked batum for you?
A:  I had to adapt on the glitch that we had yesterday. Basically we only had control less than half of the draft time. So, whenever the system back online, I put as many queue as I could possibly could. Batum is one of them. And as the rest of picks.

Q4: Any other player that you hope to draft and yet stolen just a few picks just before your turn?
A: Odom was picked right before me, and also Terrence Williams was picked 2 position before me.

Q5: On the other team, Who are the value pick (steal) on given their draft position? and who are the potentail bust (overvalued)?
(he did not answer the question, Suddenly he answer the question I have asked a while before)
A: Jezzz...Did I say I love Batum pick??? I think I'm in denial now. As of the potential bust, I think picking up rookie in 3rd and 4th round is overvalued, although with this new keeper system means 22 good players was gone even before the draft. So I can see why this is happen.
 I have a hard time valuing best team this year, I agree with anyone else that this year has the most balanced draft ever. Seriously, did I say I love Batum???

Q: lol,  u said like, not love
 that was me, i said this year is the most balanced draft 
(So I asked the Q5 again)
A: yes, you said that 
 I answer the last question. The bust are rookies drafted early, and for the steal it's kind of hard valuing because its too balanced.

Next Q: if you would have done the draft at home and not if FX, do you think there will be MUCH changes to your current team?
A: maybe not for the first 5 rounds, but might for the rest rounds. What I miss is the ability on researching on the fly, and analyzing on people draft at the same time. Yesterday, basically we just spent time closing and open different browser.
 But overall I think when my team are healthy, I can compete Top 5 this year, unless my excel sucks. My excel predict that I'm top 3 in scoring, reb, and block. We'll see 5 months from now

Q: hm interesting excel, with the prediction ability , mine excel can't do that yet  :(
 and last question, what is your impression about this year draft? other that what you said earlier that it was pretty balanced
A:  Last Answer: I think overall was good. It still gave me a thrilling and exciting feeling a moment before the draft begin. Maybe, next time we should try drafting in the same room. It's fun!
 hahaha...5 months from now, you will know whether it sucks or not.

Q: I agree, drafting same room would be fun. Just not in FX, that conclude the Q&A, anything else you would like to add?
A:  Apple just had earning yesterday, and the net income was 4.2 billion per quarter. That's 2 million an hour. Crazy stuff!! And I hope one day comla-almoc.com can do that as well hehehe.

Wise words, Thanks Fu

2 comments:

  1. drafting in the same room would be fun and added another twist to a very suspenseful event already.. Hearing people yell things at you as soon as you click that DRAFT button.. or hearing snickers behind your back, feeling that you missed some hidden gem who you could've gotten if only you haven't listened to other's misdirection comments and hints.. or even feeling left out because you see people sitting in a bunch in a corner, while you sit all alone like a misfit.. ah.. the fun.. let's get it done, drafting in the same room.. can I propose Jayapura?? wkwkwkwkw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote BKK, I know Nick is behind me on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Who do you think have the best team this year?