Tuesday, October 19, 2010

ALMOC Draft Analysis + 1st Interview with Nick

First one in the draft room


Draft went well, everyone showed up and participated for the draft. This year draft will be remembered for the FX team (Fu, Bun & Neil), who keep getting disconnected drafting in FX using public wifi. And will be remembered for the "The Curry Effect" (quoted from Fu) which resulted many rookies to be pick in very early rounds.Notably are Wall in 3rd, Griffin and Cousins in 4th round.

First few rounds went very slow, because we keep waiting for the FX team to re login. And in the late round it went quite fast, again due to the FX team worry they might get disconnected soon.

Adawn was the first volunteered to be inteviewed, but during the interviewed, Mati lampu. So I'm posting Nick's Interviewed first. Sorry Don
Nick was picking back to back 12th and 13th

Archaeon 360
1. (12) Gerald Wallace (Cha - SF,PF)
2. (13) Josh Smith (Atl - PF)
3. (36) Nene Hilario (Den - PF,C)
4. (37) Gilbert Arenas (Was - PG,SG)
5. (60) Andris Biedrins (GS - C)
6. (61) John Salmons (Mil - SG,SF)
7. (84) Jose Calderon (Tor - PG)
8. (85) Vince Carter (Orl - SG,SF)
9. (108) Carl Landry This player is a keeper. (Sac - SF,PF)
10. (109) Danilo Gallinari This player is a keeper. (NY - SF)
11. (132) Tyson Chandler (Dal - C)
12. (133) Louis Williams (Phi - PG,SG)
13. (156) Martell Webster (Min - SG,SF)

Q: Are you still in bed?
A: Yep

Q: Want to do this now or later?
A: Just woke up, Sure, now it's ok. I'm brightest when I just woke up

Q: Why Gerald on first pick? Any strategy behind it?
A: My strat is to pick the best roto player at the pick at hand. At that moment josh and crash are the 2 roto beast available, so I had to go w them even I had 2 f's keeper

Q: Of all the 13 players you selected, who do you like the most based on their draft position
 and who you like least?
A: I like getting nene in the late 3rd/early 4th, 2 c's is a hard position to fill in roto, and nene is a top 10 center roto wise, good blk/stl decent rebs + good fg pct.  I don't like arenas because he's a 2 headed monsta
 He could be good/b But I need a pg in that pick and he's the best available

Q3: Any other player that you hope to draft and yet stolen just a few picks just before your turn?
A: I'd take kidd at 1st and wall at the 3rd/4th turn knowing that wall won't be available in late 5th/early 6th..and as I said in  group, pg is a tough spot to fill, as tough as C

Q4: Who are the value pick on other team given their draft position? and who are the potential bust?
A: I don't like granger because injury prone, I had him quite low on my list
I think ken's horford is a nice pick, he need a center and horford is a roto center, although I like my nene a tad better since I got him 12picks later.
I like cekuis late round picks ridnour and terrence william also btw. Sleeper candidate

Q5: What's your impression on this year draft?
A: This year draft I think as u said it very balanced, everyone did their homework, no one is late, although internet connection seems to be a problem to some

Thanks Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who do you think have the best team this year?