Tuesday, October 19, 2010

4th Interview with Matoa via BB

Matoa have the 9th pick, and this was the result




Matoaroto
1. (10) Deron Williams (Uta - PG)
2. (15) Dwight Howard (Orl - C)
3. (34) Troy Murphy (NJ - PF,C)
4. (39) Mo Williams (Cle - PG)
5. (58) Jeff Green (OKC - SF,PF)
6. (63) O.J. Mayo (Mem - SG)
7. (82) Anthony Randolph (NY - PF,C)
8. (87) Luol Deng This player is a keeper. (Chi - SF)
9. (106) Mike Conley (Mem - PG)
10. (111) Leandro Barbosa (Tor - PG,SG)
11. (130) Greg Oden (Por - C)
12. (135) Reggie Williams (GS - SG,SF)
13. (154) Ron Artest (LAL - SG,SF)

Q: Hey, volunteer to do Q&A for the blog? just a few questions?
A: Sure

then few seconds later... "Blog where? We have a blog? give me the link"

Q: Why deron for 1st pick? Any strategy behind it?
A: Anyway, my 1st rd is just to pick between remaining 1st rd quality player that will be a stable and reliable sources of stats. No injury prone players, or old
At that point I only see D Will, Granger. I thought I will end up with nash or gasol. Someone threw a wrench with amare pick, letting me get the D Will.

Q: Of all the 13 players u drafted, who u like the most and who the least?
A: Mm.. Like most.. D Williams.. Least.. Oden..

Q: Any player u hope to draft, but just stolen a few picks before your turn?
A: ET or Kirilenko
Paul Pierce too

Q: Your dwight pick in round 2 surprise everyone? why him and so early?
A: He was staring at me with murderous intent... Actually, on my last minute draft research, I looked at 3 cheat sheets for 8 cats and 9 cats roto.. all 3 have d howard as top 10 pick. So I came out thinking getting D howard at pick 15 is good value, all I need to do is devising my draft to complement Howard. Get all high FT% players, or to hell with FT% and try to win the other 8 cats..
I decided to go with the first route

Q: Interesting and very detailed explanation. On other team, who are the value pick and who are the bust?
A: Amare is a potential bust. Value pick must be Curry lah!!

Q: Other than keeper I meant hahaha, the one drafted?
A: Tough because of keeper and 12 teams league. Means that some of the starter will be avg joe kind of player who will not smell a spot in other league
Hehe.. sapa ya
ET
I have to look at draft result again
But I believe ET will be top 50 at the end of the season

Last Q, Impression on this year draft?
A: Very interesting blog, just read it
Draft was sabotaged a bit by connection problems, including my team where I lost two chance to pick players better suited to my team needs at that point of draft (oden and r williams). Rookie picks are definitely too high, people are gambling. If things went wrong with them rookies, or they developed slowly, team that took no risk drafting no rookie will have better than expected year.

Ok, Thanks Wan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who do you think have the best team this year?