Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The 8th Interview. Yours Truly - Wi

There were time where I thought I'm gonna have to be narcissist where I ask question and answer it myself. Luckily Neil offers came at the right time. So here goes..

Wi's Team:
Stats Masta
1. (11) Jason Kidd (Dal - PG)
2. (14) David Lee (GS - PF,C)
3. (35) Carlos Boozer (Chi - PF,C)
4. (38) Marcus Camby (Por - PF,C)
5. (59) Manu Ginobili (SA - SG)
6. (62) Jason Terry (Dal - PG,SG)
7. (83) Ray Allen (Bos - SG)
8. (86) Andrei Kirilenko (Uta - SF,PF)
9. (107) Stephen Curry This player is a keeper. (GS - PG)
10. (110) Andray Blatche This player is a keeper. (Was - PF,C)
11. (131) Wilson Chandler (NY - SF,PF)
12. (134) Wesley Johnson (Min - SF)
13. (155) Taj Gibson (Chi - PF)

N: Since you haven't done the Q&A, i'm volunteering to do it so you can post it on the blog too
W: ah nice
 thanks for volunteering
 fire the question away...

N: some people were questioning why you would pick kidd as your 1st pick since he's pretty old. what's the reasoning behind that?
W: Firstly, Not much left when i'm picking 11th, I have a choice between kidd and g. wallace. And I have a feeling Nick will pick a PG in one of his back-to-back pick. I took calculated risk, knowing he already have landry and gallinari as sf, he wouldn't pick another SF (Gerald) again. Boy I was wrong.
 Secondly he was on my team last year, though he is old. Last 3 years he ONLY missed 5 games! That's less than kobe, wade, cp3, deron, jj, rondo (all the top guards)

N:  Would you have done it differently if you could do it again?
A: Nope, I rather have kidd than crash <pun intended)

N: Who do you like most and least out of your draft?
W: Based on draft ranking, I would say allen and AK at 83 and 86. I would have picked either of them when I was picking my 6th round at 62. So happy when they are still available after 21 picks later

N: why didn't you take them at 6th?
W:  In my cheat sheet,  terry was ranked only 2 or 3 spots higher than allen and AK. I saw an article where terry promised to try to be 6th man of the year again, that's quite a motivation.

N: true that...
W: The least... hm boozer
I aimed for Duncan, west and murphy, duncan picked up 5 picks before me, west 3 picks and murphy 1 pick.
I was faced with either nene or boozer. Went with boozer instead although not sure how soon his hand will be 100%

N: So i guess the ones that got away were duncan, west and murphy. anyone else?
W: I actually dont mind without duncan, west or murphy
but the one that really got away is terrence williams
boy at that moment i wish i dont have to keeper blatche
i feel that guy will do wonder. Cekui have a big steal with him at round 10.

N: anyone else?
W: No that's it
Wait, I like to go back to previous question
I drafted and hated wilson chandler last year, and swore at him the most
yet i dont know why i picked him again. sigh....
 i think i dislike him more than boozer

N: hahaha... everyone has their own jamison i guess
W: i guess

N:  How do you feel having curry as a keeper? how big of an advantage will that make?
W:  Im excited with him for now and 2 more years I can keep him as keeper. He is the only reason that make me feel I still have a chance in almoc. I do not think he is the first ronder though. He can't repeat with close to 45 minutes like last season, not without nellie, not with monta healthy this season and not with lee on their team. I do think he is a great 3rd rounder though

 I would like to thank Sofi for drafted him so late in the round and put him nicely in FA, and for Adawn who told me S jax got traded. And for everyone who picked morrow, maggette after the news and left Curry alone for me that year. 
 from the buttom of my heart, I thank you all

N:  hehehe..
 ok, finally.. what do you think of last night's draft?
W:  It went quite well IMO, apart from what happen with you, fu and bun
First time for me where everyone are there on the draft day and no autodraft. As Fu and Nick said it, It's very balance draft, everyone have similar strength. It'll be depends on the FA and season management.

N: ok. CUT! that's a wrap... thanks wi
W:  ok thanks Neil

2 comments:

  1. Pertamax! Somehow I felt cheated for agreeing to participate in this keeper league.....let's arrange something so that we can draft together next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be curry, love or evans every year kobun. Let's hope you can find one of them this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Who do you think have the best team this year?