Monday, January 2, 2012

My Thoughts on The Draft

First impression about the draft
Very happy about the auction draft on COMLA, everyone showed up. A lot of drama from the beginning where kowan had to download java for using firefox to draft the first time, and koyan who was caught in traffic but managed to made it in under one minute

On ALMOC, could be better if everyone was there, but quite a successful draft nevertheless.
Auction draft was way more exciting than I imagined, and snake had been unkind to me from the very beginning. I had participated in 7 snake draft over the years, and never once I got top three pick. Worst, 4 of those 7 draft, I got the bottom three pick. As for ALMOC, this is my 3rd consecutive year getting the bottom 3 pick.

Best player based on auction $ and draft position on my team

COMLA: Monroe at eight dallaaaaaa. So happy at the time, I remembered I was yelling YES YES YES and jump from my sit and did the fist crunching. Wife glanced at me for 2 seconds, didn't say a word and went back to reading her book and was shaking her head. I didn't noticed then because I was ecstatic.

ALMOC: Many will disagree with this, but it was my 4th round pick. I had a choice between KG or Monroe. I thought nobody wanted Monroe since I got him so cheap on the other night draft of COMLA. I did a coin toss and pick KG anyway. Either way I would be happy getting any of those two. ( FYI Monroe was picked right after KG. by other manager)

Best player based on auction $ and draft position on other team
ALMOC: Ryan Anderson at round 11, I think Fu had found his future of "Kevin Love" as a keeper.
COMLA: Bynum at $8, I bid once on him, then realized I had 3 C already. Gonna be a joke if I ended up with 4 C. Had to let it go to Neil. Lucky guy

One thing that I would did differently on the draft
Drank more water during the draft? I can't think of anything right now, I'm quite happy with how it went.

Best draft of the night
At first glance I did said Gunners had the best draft in the both league, then after looking at my crystal ball. In COMLA Joe finish earliest in the draft and really knew which players he wanted. His last bid was for McGee for $15. Super cheap and what a pick for your final player.

And in ALMOC, my crystal ball said it was Bun. Too bad for him that Brook Lopez went down. Now I dont know whether my crystal ball was correct or just shittin with me. Joking aside, I do think Bun had the best draft night.

Last word
I sincerely hope there will be more trade this season. It's always exciting to see a trade goes through regardless your own trade or other people trade. 
Also please vote on the right hand side of the blog which interview you like best.
Thank you for voting
Wait...why did I throw away the money?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who do you think have the best team this year?