Thursday, February 3, 2011

恭喜发财

Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. Actually this is the longest time I didn't blog since I started. A lot of stuff have been happening in real life that I simply didn't have the time and thoughts to blog.
Two weeks ago I had what I called a "mid-life crisis" in fantasy for about a week. During that week I rarely check fantasy news and didn't follow much games. I suspected part of it was because of my 5 losing streak and a bad loss I had with Curse Breaker in weekly Comla match. The crisis also explained why I haven't been blogging lately.

Long Version: It was down to last game. I had my 3 spurs Duncan, Manu and Parker. Curse Breaker had J.R. Smith. Should be easy right? Except J.R. Blew up in the 2nd half and even so in 4th Q. Popovich decided to bench all my 3 Spurs player even Spurs was only up by 10 with 2 minutes to go. In those 2 minutes, Smith managed to get 2 steals + 2 assist. I was still managed to hang on the lead with only 0.5 fpoints. It was then the last basket of the game was a dunk by ... who else? but J.R.Smith himself, which made Curse up by 2.5 fpoints. The closest winning ever in this season.
Short Version: Bad Luck!

 So let me summarized what had happened in both leagues since my last blog...
a. Adawn is still the leader in both leagues

b. Gepeng finally broke his 2-1 Win/Loss pattern after 14 weeks

c. iWinner won the the recent hot waiver player DeMarcus Cousins with $56. Which famously quoted from ConCarne
"Si pupu got se pupu"

d. iFoe had been the most active in trades. The last 5 players traded were all done by iFoe. Trading 5 players all for the sake of 3 pointers.
First it was Aldridge for Granger
then Green for Casspi
then Calderon for Richardson
and the latest Harris + J.R. Smith for Carter + Morrow
All those trades are sure going to bump iFoe 3PM except for the Green for Casspi trade, where Casspi were immediately drop just 1 day after traded completed, even though iFoe wasted his waiver to pick up Green just 1 day before the trade.

e. Last but the biggest news of all. ConCarne finally have the approval from the old owner to take over Bellepue team in almoc. We like to wish Kendean farewell from Almoc League, and we like to welcome Edu as the new owner of Bellepue. Within the first day, he has added 4 players and 2 more players in the 2nd day. With so many other managers keen to trade with the new owner of Bellepue. We will see how the new owner handle the new league, the FA and the trade offer. Welcome to ALMOC Kodoe!

PS: And happy chinese new year to you all. May the bunny year bring you better position in fantasy ranking. Gong Xi Fa Chai 恭喜发财

1 comment:

  1. Should have my versions of bad luck and mismanage that cost me 2 wins ....*crying ou loud....happy to join the almoc ...hope i can make some noise

    ReplyDelete

Who do you think have the best team this year?